Report: Confidential @Tangerine

July 28th, 2009 | Categories: 2009, marc_0, Shibuya, Tangerine, Trance | Tags:

Here is the report from marc_0 of the Confidential night at Tangerine ..wooo !!

Images courtesy of zuco.org

I don’t usually make reports of my own parties but this is an exception due to the fantastic result achieved.

First of all, I wanted to thank this website for the huge support.

We worked very hard for this one and 2 of our 5 DJs were at their first live performance (Hiroki and Achille of KnightZone).

Anyway, party had more than 80 attendees and I had a lot of fun spinning at Tangerine.

Somehow I was (very positively) surprised about the fact that many trance lovers were there: this happened to be a little unexpected as we scheduled 4 house / electro DJs
including veteran Aussie DJ James Carstensen.

Many guest were feeling kind of bored about the housy sound but fortunately things changed when Achille of KnightZone dropped Wippenderg’s – Chakalaka, followed up by Rank 1’s “L.E.D. There Be Light (Wippenberg Remix)”, Audible’s “White Mouse” and Ferry Corsten’s
“L.E.F”.

I started my set around 3:15 instead of the scheduled 3:30, again, due to the
miracolous presence of many trancers in the house.

The funny thing is during my set, a gentleman wearing a black hat, eyeglasses and a
black t-shirt showed me his cel phone 3 times (in different moments of my set): the
first time I could see “Sunlonger”, the second one “Oceanlab” and the third time “John
O’Callaghan”.

Now these small things really make me happy! A special thank to all organizers and my
friends for the huge support.

Follows my tracklist, I don’t have an mp3 sampler for all of ’em so those without it
are not listed. I’ve pick up some fresh tunes during my first half of the set then
focus on trance classics in the second one.

Next month I have in schedule a beach party on 8/15 and we’ll repeat the Confidential
event on 8/22 (which will also be my birthday bash). We will change a few things but we
hope to repeat and improve all the good things we’ve done so far.

Stay tuned!

marc_0

01) Nic Chagall Feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn – This Moment (marc_0’s Intro Edit)

02) Dakota – Johnny the Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)

03) Cosmic Gate Feat. Kyler England – Flatline (Kyau & Albert Remix)

04) Moonbeam Feat. Avis Vox ? About You (Original Mix)

05) Fabio XB & Andrea Mazza – Light To Lies (Bartlett Bros & Andrea Mazza Mix)

06) Sunlounger & Zara – Lost (Club Mix)

07) Armin Van Buuren Feat. Sharon Den Adel – In And Out Of Love (Richard Durand Vocal Mix)

08) OceanLab – Sirens Of The Sea (Above & Beyond Club Mix)

09) Ronski Speed Feat. Sir Adrian – The Space We Are (John O’ Callaghan Remix)

10) Dogzilla – Without You (Original Mix)

11) Tiesto – Traffic

12) Ferry Corsten – Radio Crash (Original Extended Mix)

13) Tiesto – Flight 643

14) Thomas Bronzwaer – Look Ahead (Original Mix)

(video)

15) Svenson & Johan Gielen – Twisted (Original Mix)

16) Above & Beyond – Home (Above & Beyond Club Mix)

Also:

– Galen Behr & Leon Bolier – Wet Dream (Original Mix)

– Energy 52 – Cafe Del Mar (John ’00’ Fleming Remix)

– Armin van Buuren Feat. Cathy Burton vs Cosmic Gate F.A.V. Rain (Armin van Buuren Mashup) (video)

– Veracocha & Michael de Kooker vs Simon Patterson – Carte Smack (F1D0 Mashup)

1. Rudi
    July 28th, 2009 at 07:13
    Reply | Quote | #1

Hi,

just a brief thanks for the fantastic night – I desperately needed a good trance doze and you made my night! I loved the venue, the people @ Tangerine and of course your set – so simply fantastic!!

Rudi

…and sorry for bothering you with the cell – just blame it on my excitement for decent trance…

2. Davide
    July 29th, 2009 at 00:38
    Reply | Quote | #2

Sometimes I think that the closure of Velfarre was a blessing for marc_0.. he turned from an avid fan to a DJ, almost out of need !

BTW, I updated the track list as requested. Hopefully we’ll get the other pictures too 8)

3. July 29th, 2009 at 01:33
    Reply | Quote | #3

Seriously, I am desperate about the current clubbing scene over here …
    Awesome DJ/producers such as Sander van Doorn or Gareth Emery spinned in Taiwan, South Korea, China recently. It’s such a shame they don’t receive booking offers to play in Japan.
    This reminds me of that night in Osaka when I went to see Ronski Speed’s gig…
    It took a total of almost 20 hours by bus but it was damn worth!

I’ve started DJing because of such circumstances and at least, even I can’t dance in the club’s floor (since I am spinning), I can enjoy some serious club music at decent volume.

Indeed (Rudi), it’s a plesure to make people happy with music. I’ve succedeed in make myself happy so far which is also good!
    Hope I’ve fulfilled your requests accordingly with “Lost”, “Sirens Of The Sea” and “The Space We Are”! ..and if not, next time you should write the tune’s name as well – LOL

Thanks a lot bro!

Pictures delayed but coming very soon! Thanks for the fix!!

4. Davide
    July 30th, 2009 at 05:10
    Reply | Quote | #4

..just added the pics from marc_0.. great quality ! Not your niece’s digital camera !

5. Rudi
    July 30th, 2009 at 18:20
    Reply | Quote | #5

Hi Marc,

I can imagine that its hard beeing a trance fan/DJ in Tokyo – and honestly I can not fully understand the situation … a city of that size should have pretty much all music genres offered – statistically in a feir share in relation to the overall number of clubbers. But here it seems to be different. It was such a contrast – three weeks ago I was in Paris to enjoy David Guetta and Armin @ Stade de France and if I compare the massive party crowd there and then seeing that in Tokyo its even hard to get more than a few hundred trance fans into the clubs than this feels odd. So please keep up DJing here – I will be a regular visitor in your gigs whenever I’m in town!

Ganbatte

R.

6. July 31st, 2009 at 02:04
    Reply | Quote | #6

thanks Davide, awesome job as always!
    and … about the clubbing scene (Rudi) it’s sad to say clubbing itself is kind of different over here.
    Legendary DJs like Marcel Woods or Ronski Speed spinned in front of not even a hundred people.
    Basically, people over here prefer “easy listening” stuff and commercial crap… that’s why US pop / HIP-HOP and R&B are so popular in Japan. They have their own style of Trance though, called para-para (if I am not wrong) and it sounds so damn cheap. You can listen to this kind of stuff by going to Atom during weekends.
    and … of course a huge number of gentlemen go clubbing just with the purpose of getting some pu$$y.
    It seems trance is starting to get an awesome number of followers in North America too, let’s hope the “trend” will be followed in Japan too since (especially) USA has always been a huge influence over here.
    To end this comment, I’ll keep playing what I like and try my best in order to satisfy all REAL trance lovers.
    Starting from myself, we should all give our support to every trance gig over here ’cause if the event is successfull, the chances to see such DJs in this country become higher.

Below you can find the info of my next event but I believe I will soon harass Davide again in order to get a proper post and include more details. PVD’s October gig (http://www.paulvandyk.com/gigs.php?page=10) should also be posted to TC soon.
    Please keep visiting this page and indeed thank you VERY much for the warm support!!!

August 15 (Saturday), 2009 @ Yuigahama beach (Kamakura)
    Yuigahama Beach 4-7 Kamakura-shi Kanagawa (FIAT CAFFE’)
    12:00-22:00 (12PM to 10PM)
    FREE ENTRANCE

Mixi Page: http://mixi.jp/add_event.pl?id=909761
    Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/1f2rWC
    Map: http://fiatcaffe.jp/beach/access.html
    Web: http://fiatcaffe.jp/beach

7. July 31st, 2009 at 02:09
    Reply | Quote | #7

it seems the Japanese kanji are displayed as question marks (????????)
    Here is the address in roma-ji:
    Yuigahama4-7,Kamakura,Kanagawa

8. Davide
    July 31st, 2009 at 03:32
    Reply | Quote | #8

Sorry about the mojibake. I replaced it with the romaji for now.. will have to check the database.. most likely is stuck with the European charset.
    Also, the comment was delayed because it included multiple links and went into moderation (it’s to prevent for smapbots to post at will.. but it may be safe to remove that).

About trance in Tokyo.. I think it was bigger 4-5 years ago with Velfarre and Ayumi Hamasaki remixes. But nowadays trance often means some 5 years old candy-trance remix (Cindy Lauper trance remix of “Time After Time” ..every single time !!) at clubs like ALife.
    It seems that trance = young salaryman or “shibuyans” (^^;)